If you have a website or maybe you are a web designer or want to create a website for you then this article may help you. To design a unique website for a client or for yourself design plays an important role. So, to design a great website you should know about web design software. If you search on the internet you find thousands of web design software. But most of them are not work properly or paid version.
Top 27+ Best Free & Paid Web Design Software List For 2018
So, in this article, I just try to summarize the best web design software list which will help you more to design a good website. In this post, you find free web design software besides this paid software. If you are a beginner then I suggest you try with a free version. After that, you can buy anyone from this. You can also design your website with WordPress. It’s totally free to use for everyone. Just you have to buy hosting from any company. If you don’t know how to install a WordPress theme on the website see this guide. So let’s start
1. TemplateToaster ($49) -Best Web Design Software
TemplateToaster is one of its kind and creating a buzz in the web design market with its high-end website design and immensely powerful yet easy to use drag and drop style editor. Any template created with TemplateToaster is flawless, responsive in nature and compatible with all existing standard browsers. The amazing feature of TemplateToaster which makes it stand apart from other web design software is that it authorizes you to create your own custom module or widgets. The biggest advantage of using TemplateToaster is that it is a downloadable Windows application which lets you work offline as well in your own local machine. You can check different editions of TemplateToaster available at purchase page.
Key features of TemplateToaster
- TemplateToaster offers you an advanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to give you more effective visual editing.
- Advanced WYSIWYG editor includes features such as image browse, font properties, text indenting, hyperlinking, tables.
- Gives you an easy drag and drop option to build the website of your choice without any hassle.
- TemplateToaster supports Responsive Web Design.
- Compatible with all the standard browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, Safari, Opera, etc.
- TemplateToaster an advanced option to draw and add Custom widget, module positions and regions.
- Gives you an automatic inclusion of social media buttons such as Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook in your template. You just simply have to insert and configure it within the TemplateToaster.
- Slideshow improves the engagement to your website and gives the overview of your business. TemplateToaster has a huge library of the advanced inbuilt slideshow to choose from.
- You will find a full-fledged library of Logos, Images, Textures, Graphics in TemplateToaster and the freedom to use them as per your business requirements.
- Hundreds of Predefined Color Scheme are available. You just have to hover the color scheme in the TemplateToaster to get the preview of that.
- TemplateToaster comes with an inbuilt FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to transfer your templates or design to the hosting server. It plays essential for HTML/CSS websites.
2. openElement Free Web Design Software
To create a perfect website you need to have a perfect set of tools and openElement is one of the amazing tools available online. openElement is a competent and intuitive web authoring program. openElement gives you the authority to work on the professionally designed templates or from scratch. It is an open source and widely used web design software. openElement is free to download application available on their official website. Read how to choose the best WordPress themes for your business.
- openElement uses WYSIWYG (What You See Is What Get) interface for amazing results.
- Supports all the latest technologies such as CSS, HTML5, jQuery and the end product is responsive in nature.
- openElement is smart enough that it automatically generates the required code for the called action which means you don’t have to write any code, the software will do the required on your behalf.
- Websites created with the help of openElement are responsive which means your website will work as fine on the smartphone or tablets as it will work on the desktop.
- This website design tool is easy to work for beginners and smooth for the repetitive work for professionals and make the website more user-friendly.
- The website created with openElement is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly.
- Drag and drop option is available with openElement web design software to make things easy especially for newbies.
openElement is compatible with browsers such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista.
3. Mobirise (Free Web Design Software)
Mobirise is a great website builder which offers you to create your website with its easy to use features without doing any coding. You just have to drag and drop the elements at the right space and your website is ready. Unlike other web design software Mobirise is available for both Windows and Mac and it’s all free.
- The latest update of Mobirise is offering the facility to create a website even in the offline mode.
- The simple drag and drop interface gives you the easy handling and there’s no requirement of technical skills.
- Those who are not so technical or not very familiar with the coding and programming, Mobirise is a great option to choose. Also, for the professional coders, the super fast prototyping speed gives a boost to the website creation.
- Mobirise is completely mobile-friendly and it is completely free for both commercial and personal use.
- The variety of website blocks in various themes gives you a huge opportunity to choose from.
- The website created with Mobirise are fully mobile-friendly which means you don’t have to make any sort of changes when it comes mobile version of the website, everything would be done itself.
- Mobirise Templates are based on Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.
- You can host your website anywhere.
4. Xara Web Designer Paid Web Design Software ($49.99)
Xara is capable enough to deliver you a fully operative website with a great blend of color scheme, fonts, placing and delivering accurate information about your business or product. Therefore a website builder like Xara which gives you the freedom to add whatever you like on your website becomes the hot choice of any web designer. Read About Affordable Website Design Technique.
- It uses the “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which gives you the exact results without writing any code.
- Comes in two versions i.e Web Designer and Web Designer Premium and Web Designer Premium offers you more advanced web and graphic designing features as compared to the Web Designer.
- There are a number of templates present in the catalog from which you can choose one for your website.
- Web design software Xara makes a customization so easy with its drag and drop option.
- Huge collection of widgets to choose from.
- You can easily create a responsive website. No matter on which device you view your website, the website share absolute compatibility with each device.
5. WEPS ($12.24/month)
Another web design software called WEPS is a great option to build your website. Weps comes with easy drag and drop option and gives you exactly the same website of your choice. Has many important inbuilt features, which are prerequisite for any user-friendly website creation. WEPS gives you a professional website, that too without writing any code. You can check the working of WEPS by downloading its free trial version of 30 days and if you like it then you can visit the official website of WEPS for further action.
- Inbuilt SEO (Search Engine Optimization) technique. Weps gives you integrated SEO which means your website will be SEO friendly and you would not have to worry about the SEO part anymore.
- A variety of updated and latest designs to choose from.
- Responsive designs.
- The best of all features is the one which gives you the freedom to edit your website even on your smartphone. Yes, you can edit your website on your smartphone as well, Weps gives you the flexible design and framework.
- WEPS also provides you the facility to host your website, which sets you free from the pressure of getting a host for your website.
6. CoffeeCup ($189)
CoffeeCup is serving the web design industry for more than a decade now and the features which CoffeeCup offers, are immensely powerful. CoffeeCup is an HTML editor which gives a great working website without any hassle. Like a good coffee delivers a great taste same way a good tool like CoffeeCup delivers a great website. To get the official version of CoffeeCup you can visit their official website.
- Can create HTML or CSS files from scratch.
- Can easily create website menus or nested menus. As the navigation over the website directly depends on the menu on the website.
- As soon as you type the code, the code completion automatically suggests the related tags.
- An amazing feature called ‘split-screen’ allows you to preview your website right below the code you are writing.
There is an inbuilt FTP uploader which enables you to publish your website anywhere you want to. Either by using your own server or by using some web hosting, just simply add the respective FTP settings and you are good to go.
7. Adobe Muse ($24.99/month)
The best thing about this web design software is that you don’t have to use any sort of code while designing your website. By using Adobe muse you can create static websites. If you are a professional web designer then Adobe Muse would be no less than a boon to you because of its abundance features. To know more about the monthly packages you can visit their pricing page here.
- It gives you the authority to add external tools such as blogging and e-commerce in your website.
- No expertise in coding required.
- You can directly implement the prebuilt themes and widgets available with the Adobe Muse without getting into the mechanism of coding.
- By using this web design software you will get no less than professional results without having to get into the complexity of coding and all.
8. Simbla ($12/month)
Another dynamic software in the category of web design software named Simbla allows creating you are own fully responsive website without writing even a single line of code by yourself. If you are an amateur, then Simbla would be a great option for you to start your website with as it has an intuitive interface for easy handling and if you are a professional web designer then you will love Simba’s features. You can check the monthly plan on the official website of Simbla. Read 31+ best affiliate marketing details in 2018.
- Simbla offers you a variety of templates to choose from according to your business. It has an amazing feature called Simba’s online database builder which authorize you to save and access your website’s database online. Once you have connected your website with your data, within no time and without even writing the complex codes you will be able to create your own database driven website like professionals.
- Simbla offers you smooth drag and drop option, which lets you create the desired layout of your website without any pain of complex coding. Responsive design Completely SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly. SEO is essential for any website and in order to get more traffic to your website you to need to have an SEO friendly website for your business.
- You don’t have to worry about the information leak as Simbla ensures you the complete data security.
- Along with the responsive design, Simbla comes with a feature which gives you a highly compatible website. Your website will be compatible with various browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 9 and many more. Simbla does offer you the pro mode, which allows you to do your own coding effortlessly.
9. Webydo ($75/month)
Webydo is a cloud-based web design software. The website made with Webydo gives the complete professional environment with minimum efforts. When there is a demand of website builder which can create the websites which look and work in a professional way but should not to get into the complexity of the coding, their tools like Webydo comes in action. You can sign up and test the trial version of Webydo for a month and if you like the services you can continue by purchasing the rights from the official website of Webydo.
- Webydo works on WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which almost removes the chances of error.
- By using Webydo, you get the pixel-perfect responsive websites. The pixel-perfect responsive website would give you the exact same picture quality irrespective of the device the website is viewed on.
- Drag and drop option makes things much easier. This feature gives easy control over placing text, images, videos, etc without writing even a single line of code.
- You just simply concentrate on how your website should work like, rest Webydo will do for you. The pixel-by-pixel accuracy would give exactly the same results of your choice. You can convert your design automatically into updated HTML code by Webydo.
- You don’t have to install or update anything in order to access the Webydo and can save all the data in the cloud.
- One interesting and a bit different feature from other web design software which Webydo has is that it has a “Share Your Site Design”. If you are a professional website designer and you are creating a website for your client then this feature is for you. “Share Your Site Design” feature allows the designer to share the website design with the client ad if the client wants some or any changes then that would be done by the designer. Webydo also allows the designer to lock some part of the design in order to prevent unwanted interference in the design.
- Webydo comes with an integrated e-commerce key with a variety of payment solutions.
10. Pinegrow ($8/month)
- Pinegrow is an HTML and CSS editor which lets you work with HTML elements and CSS visually.
- Lets you build your webpage with highly effective tools for editing, deleting, moving, replicating HTML elements.
- Provides you the visual tools to work with Bootstrap 3 and 4, plain HTML, and WordPress.
- Pinegrow lets you build and design web pages.
- Multi-page editing gives you the multiple views of the page.
- Pinegrow gives you easily drag and drop
- You can edit your page visually and via code at the same time.
11. Strikingly ($20/month)
If you are not so very familiar with the techniques and the coding required for creating a website then Strikingly can do the needful for you. Yes, Strikingly is a great online platform which can create a website of your choice with its amazing in-built features. It has a lot to offer to the professional web designers as well. Strikingly is an open source website builder. But, for the custom domain, you will be offered different plans which you can see on the official website of Strikingly. Read how to design a quality website for your client.
- Strikingly is a great option to build a website especially for e-commerce, event organizations, and artists because It has a variety of features to offer especially to the e-commerce, events, and art.
- It also offers you the domain registration. You can register a new name or can also use the existing one.
- Strikingly gives you the easy drag and drop option, which is a piece of good news for the people who are not so familiar with coding, you just have drag and drop the images, videos, headings, etc without writing the complicated coding.
- Strikingly offers you a completely user-friendly interface.
- Best suitable to build an e-commerce website with payment method such as PayPal.
- You can easily integrate your social links to your website as Strikingly gives an opportunity to add your social links such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc to your website.
- Strikingly gives you a completely responsive website so that your website can be viewed on any device without facing any problem.
- You can also add a blog section in your website and can also link them to single pages on the website.
- Strikingly library offers you a total number of 25 responsive themes to choose from according to your business.
- om according to your business.
12. Google Web Designer (Free Web Design Software)
Technology never stops growing and the advancement of the technology can be easily seen in the latest web design software which enables a user to create a world of its choice just by doing a simple set of actions that too without writing any code. Google Web Designer is one of the latest examples of advancement. The newly added features of Google Web Designer will blow your mind. Use 5 free tools to increase the SEO score of your website.
- Google Web Designer is a great program for creating amazing HTML5 designs, motion graphics and animations for the platforms like Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Other products by Google such as Google Drive, Google Adwords, Google, DoubleClick Studio are effortlessly integrated with Google Web Designer.
- With the help of CSS3, any 3D content can be made and manipulated easily.
- The toggling between the modes is easy. While creating a 3D animation you can easily switch to the code view in order to make any changes and that changes can be seen by switching to the design view.
- There are a variety of preprogrammed components to use.
- Shape or Pen tools or Tag tool are available to create your own design. The all-new Gradient Editing Tool is also there to give that extra shine to your design.
- The pre-programmed web components give the added functionality to the design. The default components are iFrames, maps, tap area, YouTube, image gallery.
- You can use multiple pages for your single product and this feature you the strong and clear hold over the product.
- Another amazing feature is that you can connect your physical gesture with events such as by tilting, shaking or rotating the smart device you can react to touch. There are many preset events that can be used or you can create your own.
You can create responsive ads as well. Click here to check out the official website of Google Web Designer.
13. Silex (Open Source)
Silex is freely available web design software which is apt for creating a fully functional website. Silex is simple to understand and easy to use cloud-based web design software that enables you to create a website without any sort of installations. It is really helpful to create a website from scratch. 31 Simple tips to design your first business website easily.
- Silex has WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface for more clear and accurate web design.
- Simple drag and drop option which doesn’t require any code to be written by you. Just simply drag and drop the images, videos, text, etc.
- When you make any change then you can have the real-time preview of that change.
- As silex is a cloud-based website builder so you don’t have to install it rather you can directly work on it.
- When you edit your website on Silex.me your files would be on your hard drive, available to Silex through Dropbox or on your server available through FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
- Silex provides you a complete SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly website.
14. uCoz ($7.99/month)
uCoz comes with integrated e-commerce and many features to make an effective website. It is capable enough to get the best of both worlds because the features available with uCoz are easy to understand for beginners and efficient for the professional designers. You can buy the monthly or annual plan of uCoz from its official website.
- uCoz has a very intuitive interface to construct an effective website along with the easy drag and drop option to bypass you from the complex coding behind the innovative design.
- It gives you a responsive website design so that the website can be viewed on any platform without any problem.
- If you want to have an e-commerce website for your online business then uCoz has an option for that too. uCoz provides you with the most secure payment methods to make your website fully functioning.
- If you are running a business then you need to advertise it as well, and for that purpose, uCoz has integrated Social Network Buttons. You can add them to your website in order to give the connectivity to your business via Social Network such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and YouTube.
- uCoz also offers the mobile App for your website.
- uCoz has a huge library of professional templates for you. You can choose the appropriate template for your website from the library.
- The unique feature of uCoz which make it different from other web design software is that it offers an Ad-free Browser as well named as “Uran”. By installing Uran, you can enjoy the Ad-free browsing.
15. RapidWeaver Paid Web Design Software($89)
RapidWeaver is a powerful framework created exclusively for the Mac. Splendid features of RapidWeaver such as Stacks, Foundation and Drag and Drop options would give a simpler hold over the entire process along with the freestyle themes. It is a well-crafted web design software to make a fully responsive website. 3 Quick Tips to design a great looking business website.
- RapidWeaver is so easily understandable that you can build your website without any external help.
- It has a great collection of inbuilt themes and facility of third party themes usage.
- Websites built with RapidWeaver are fully responsive in nature.
- No coding required.
- RapidWeaver websites are entirely Search Engine Optimized and do great at Google’s SEO techniques.
- RapidWeaver has its own built-in FTP (File Transfer Protocol) therefore there’s no need for external FTP.
- Hundreds of ad-ones are available with the RapidWeaver which makes your task much more easier.
- Whatever changes you would make to the website can be viewed in real-time on your website.
- RapidWeaver has all the essential elements required for Mac.
16. Webflow (Open source)
Webflow is a collaboration of three main aspects in website designing i.e web design tool, CMS and hosting platform. A professional web design tool which gives you incredibly working responsive website. Webflow has received some new updates in recent times which has made Webflow more appealing in terms of website design.
- Webflow gives you “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) editor with amazing speed. And, it takes no time going from scratch to the live website.
- Webflow allows you to do your own coding as well if you want to do so.
- The all-new feature of Webflow is the Search option. The effective search option can be a great plus for the website to search within the website.
- The customizations available in the design and the overall control over your search gives you the complete hand over the website.
17. Vintcer ($30)
Vintcer is smooth and impressive website builder. And able to create an amazingly working website in no time and without writing any code. The tools available with Vintcer are so justifiable that you can create a professional website very easily. Starting from the scratch let’s discuss the features of Vintcer by using which you can make your professional website. Once, you bought the license key for Vintcer then you can use it for a lifetime. You are free to visit their official website to know more about it. Read 7 profitable way to make money from home.
- Choose a template of your choice as per your requirement of the website, choose it wisely but, don’t worry you can change it later if you want to make any sort of the change in your website.
- Vintcer websites are fully responsive in nature, in fact, they are so adaptable that they don’t lose any data or get pixelated even if they viewed on the smallest screen such as smart-watches.
- Vintcer offers you a drag and drops editor. Just visualize your website and drag and drop the pre-built widgets and design components into the editor.
- You can choose any image or video to add to your website from the Vintcer gallery or from your own gallery as well.
- You can add a social media button to your website with Vintner’s integration with Facebook, Google Analytics, Soundcloud, YouTube, Google Maps, talk.to, OpenTable, MailChimp etc.
- Vintcer host your website on Google Cloud and Amazon.
- Vintcer provides you SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly website, leave the SEO tension to Vintcer.
18. NetObjects Fusion Best Paid Web Design Software ($129.95)
NetObjects Fusion is another powerful web design software. It works great both for beginners. And for professionals as well. Intuitive wizards for beginners and professionally build templates help you to design your website without much effort. It gives responsive websites with e-commerce capability.
- NetObjects Fusion has WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor to give you exactly what you need.
- Offers you easy to deal drag and drop option that you don’t have to do the difficult coding at all.
- Has a huge library of free templates to choose from. According to your need, you can choose as many templates as you want.
- It has a great intuitive interface that even after being a beginner, you can get your website online without much hassle.
- If you want to have an e-commerce website then you can choose the various payment methods as per your requirements and can include that in your website.
- You will get an integrated SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to get your website a good amount of traffic.
19. Themler ($49)
The team Artisteer has created a strong website builder named “Themler” in order to provide responsive CMS and e-commerce themes. The visual interface of Themler support all modern technologies. It is online software which helps you create Themes, Landing pages, and website design. Click here to go to the official website of Themler. Read about 37 real free money making ideas details.
- Themler provides you a visual drag and drop interface. Makes it easy to design professionally without even a single line of code.
- Any WordPress, Joomla or Magento user can easily install Themler.
- Themler offers you “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get) interface.
- Can install Themler as a Windows desktop application.
- Themler has a huge image stock.
- It supports all the latest CMS
- Adobe Dreamweaver($29.99/month)
Adobe Dreamweaver is the most trusted web design software around the globe. You can easily build your website with Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver was originally created by Macromedia in the year of 1997 and later in the year, 2005 Adobe bought its rights. It is available for Windows and MacOS.
You can check the 7 days free trial of Dreamweaver. To know more about the plans you can check the official website of Adobe.
Key features of Dreamweaver
- Dreamweaver provides you with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which gives you a more user-friendly interface.
- Dreamweaver authorize you to make an amazing website with the phenomenal design of your choice.
- It can give you a more realistic view of the page while you are designing it and can make changes there and then only.
20. Microsoft Expression Web Free Web Design Software
Microsoft Expression Web is an HTML editor and web design tool by Microsoft. Currently, it is a discontinued (by discontinued mean no updations and addition are being done in the software. But, the last version is still available and still working normally as it was the component of Microsoft and which is why it is freely available now. It has WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.
21. Artisteer (Paid)
To create your own blog themes and website templates, you can choose Artisteer. Artisteer is another web design software that lets you create your website with minimum efforts and having maximum effect. You can export your created content to Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Blogger or DotNetNuke easily. No requirement of specific technical skills with an automated WYSIWYG editor. Artisteer does not create a fully functional website rather it creates Web Templates. These templates integrate with a web application or export to the CMS.
22. Macaw (Free)
Macaw brought the same comfortable editor as an image editor with the blend of HTML and CSS therefore, it increases the expectations. Macaw gives you responsive websites along with the beauty of Typography. Giving you the ability to style the elements at once. Also, the sharing element feature of macaw makes it more helpful. You can store elements in your library and can use them over and over again. Even after having all the mandatory features for creating a website, Macaw is not so very trendy anymore.
23. Amaya (Open Source)
Amaya is a web editor that facilitates you to edit your content directly on the web. Amaya is an open source software with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. This makes editing so easy and convenient for the user. Originally it was designed as a structured text editor and later converted to HTML and CSS editor. Currently, it is discontinued.
24. EZGenerator (Only the existing customers can download)
EZGenerator is an effective blend of an online content management system and offline website builder. It lets you create the structure of the website offline by adding pages, elements, blogs, and other required features into the website and make it live while you go online. EZGenerator offers you WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, you don’t have to have the technical skills. But, if you are a tech savvy then you are free to use your skills and dig into the depth of coding and make any customization you like.
25. Freeway (Paid)
Freeway is a web design application for Mac OS developed by Softpress Systems in the year 2016. Due to the insufficiency of the product in maintaining the company’s integrity. And be the viable product of the company, the company discontinued the project. Therefore Freeway is no more in use now. Originally, Freeway was designed to work on WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor with drag and drop facility and capable of creating responsive websites.
26. Adobe Edge Code (Open Source)
Adobe Edge Code is a set of web development tools from the family of Adobe Systems. It was designed to complement the other applications of the Adobe and was built to make Adobe’s other features easily accessible to users. But Adobe has discontinued the development of the Adobe Edge Code for now. Whereas the core features of the Adobe edge are still accessible to premium users of the Adobe.
27. Panther ($7/month)
Panther is another strong web design tool from the family of web designing. An easy DIY website builder which powers simple yet effective features. Panther has the beauty to create a website with ease, speed and full of functionalities. Feature-Loaded website design can lead you to the destination of your choice. You can enjoy Panther’s features with their optimal plans.
- Polydomous is the new technology which Panther uses to create a website that enhances the entire process. Makes the website creation much faster and simpler.
- The professionally designed pre-built content blocks aka stripes can be used to create a website giving you a variety of layouts and color schemes.
- You can create your website in no time, it is that simple and easily understandable to use.
- Panther driven websites are completely responsive in nature. And there is no need to adjust your website according to the device it is viewed on.
- You can easily create an e-commerce website with Panther.
- You can add as many pages to your website as you want.
Below is the list of website builders which have been discontinued for the reason or some. But, we still have included them in the list because once they had a huge market. And the basic features of some are still accessible by their existing users only.
28. KompoZer Free web design software
KompoZer is an easy web authoring system with simple WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web editor. Toggling between a WYSIWYG editor and HTML is quite easy and gives you the desired results. KompoZer is available for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and Mac. Currently, it is discontinued by it’s manufacturing company SourceForge.
In this article, I just try to summarize the best web design software according to my knowledge. Most of these are paid. But you can also find free web design software here. If you think that I miss important software and write to forget any value able information. Then please write with details information in the comment box below.