So, want to earn money blogging. Right choice to start a part-time or full-time carrier as a blogger. But it is not so easy to earn money from a blog. It’s hard but not so tuff that you can not do it. One thing is that you have to give time for it, to success on it. So if you know that how to start a blog then read this post carefully. And if you know how to start a blog that’s fine. You can share your knowledge in the comment box.
How To Start A Blog And Earn Money
In this post, I try to discuss all the basic blogging related topic to start a blog. Such as benefits of blogging, top blogging platforms details, how to choose to blog niche, about hosting, how to choose a good a domain name, how to write a post on a blog and how to make money from it and more. So let’s start
The benefits of blogging
Become a better writer and thinker
Once you start blogging, you’ll find yourself becoming a better writer and thinker. Mastering content takes creative thought. When you become immersed in creating great pieces of content for your blog, your writing, thinking and research skills improve in the process.
How To Start A Blog And Establish Yourself As An Expert
Blogs are wonderful tools to help people establish themselves as experts in a field or niche. We all have some kind of interest and expertise to share with others. If you’re able to produce great content and/or have a unique point of view on the topic, then be assured that your future audience will recognize it and reward you for it. With a bit of effort, you too can become an authority in your area of interest.
Increase Your Self-Confidence
The more involved you become with blogging, the more your creative juices will flow. That’s one reason why blogging is so popular. As you gain knowledge about your topic, the confidence you build in your followers and most importantly, in yourself, will soar. All of this leads to increased creativity. Keep an open mind and enjoy your new-found confidence in your own abilities! Read 6 Tricks To increase your blog traffic fast.
Make Friends And Have Fun
With practice and a little effort, you can easily build your base of fans and followers. As you become known as an expert in your niche, you can inspire, encourage and help your followers make a difference in their own lives. Along with your blogging journey, you will make new friends and connections throughout the world. If you like to travel, that means a lot of couches are available for you to snooze on while winging your way around the globe!
How To Start A Blog And Make Money From Blog
Blogging may well become your passion but you can also make money. In fact, many authority bloggers are able to make a living from blogging. There are many ways to monetize your blog. You can place ads and receive compensation from companies by promoting their products and services. Or you can sell your own digital products and merchandise. Read 37+ great money making ideas details to earn more.
Why You Shouldn’t Start a Blog on a Free Blogging Platform
Without a doubt, you need to self-host your WordPress blog. This means you are in complete control of your own website and content.
Think about it – what famous, successful blogger you know is using a free blogging website like “www.topupdates.wordpress.com” instead of their own domain name like “www.topupdates.net”, for example?
It’s not just that – free blogging platforms will cause you other headaches too.
It gets worse:
- You don’t control your content– the blogging platform does. They could shut you down anytime, and for any reason.
- The web address of your blog will be long and hard to remember(like www.yourfreeblog.blogspot.com) instead of a catchy, branded address you choose.
- You’re not allowed to advertise on most free blogging platforms, making it much harder to ever make money from blogging.
All of these limitations apply to the WordPress.COM blogs.
What you really want is to self-host a WordPress.ORG blog – it’s the same software without all the limitations!
Top Most Free Blogging Platforms Details
Here are today’s major blogging platforms. These are all available for your consideration as you start your blog own blog. Most are totally free. Read 6 free blogging platforms details.
How to Start A Blog And choose a perfect niche
Before you create your own site and move forward to become a successful blogger try to attain the highest form of knowledge in the niche/topic of your choice. So pick the one that appeals to you—the one you are passionate about and most interested in. Aspire for success, happiness, security, and recognition. By choosing your niche of interest and having your own point of view you’ll be able to position and differentiate from the competition.
Some Tips To Choose a Perfect Niche
Following is a process that can help you determine which niche is best for you:
- Make a list of your interests or hobbies. Which topics fascinate you? List them all, for instance: golf, fishing, yoga, playing games or cooking. Read how to design a very good website.
- Next, list accomplishments you are proud of, such as musical talent, artistic talent or sports achievements.
- Now, list the difficulties you have overcome or defeated, such as: losing a significant amount of weight, recovering from a financial setback or managing a disease.
During the course of this exercise, you will get a better feeling for the topics that resonate with you. The ones you are most passionate about are the best candidates for your niche. Read this article on How to choose a niche for more information.
Some tips when choosing a domain name for your blog
- Should you use your personal name or pick a more general topic? Answering this should be simple. Is the blog about you, or are you trying to build a brand apart from yourself?
- Make it easy to type. You don’t want other people getting your traffic if someone types on another website by mistake!
- Make it pronounceable. There’s no need to confuse people with complicated spellings, or creative misspellings.
- Keep it short. Fewer characters mean less hassle for the user and less risk of mistyping.
- Don’t use other company’s brand names or trademarked slogans. They will come after you and shut you down!
- Try to use broad keywords. Top-level topics like Cooking are great, but you need to connect these big ideas to narrower topics.
- Make sure that the blog’s name makes sense. It needs to be intuitive to the user and Google!
- Avoid number and hyphens. These confuse people, and it makes it hard to explain the domain to others.
What is website hosting?
To make your website accessible to other people on the Internet, you need a “host.” The host keeps all your website files safe, secure and makes sure that people can access your site when they click on a link or type in your URL.
Think of it like your home. When someone comes over (types in your URL), they’ll be able to see all the things you’ve been keeping inside. Yes, it comes at a cost you don’t have if you’re on one of the free blogging platforms, but having a proper website host is one of the most important investments in starting a successful blog.
Choose a FREE Theme for Your Blog
Here’s what to look for in a WordPress theme:
- Simplicity: Unclear design makes it difficult for readers to navigate your blog. Read how to install a WordPress themes.
- Responsiveness: The theme needs to adjust its layout across different screen sizes and devices. In the highly mobile world we live in, responsiveness is a necessity.
- Speed: Although most themes don’t slow down your blog significantly, it’s still good to test it. To test a theme’s speed, use the Pingdom Website Speed Test, enter the URL of the theme’s demo, and see how long the page takes to load. If the load time is longer than three seconds, you might want to find a different theme (ideally, the load time is below two seconds). Read 9 free best WordPress themes details.
- Ease of customization: It should be easy to customize the theme—otherwise, you’ll struggle every time you want to tweak something. Fortunately, many themes offer plenty of easy customization options.
- SEO readiness: The theme shouldn’t make a huge difference to search engines. But it’s still better to choose a theme that’s designed with SEO in mind. (Look for “SEO Optimized” or “SEO ready” in the theme description.)
- Security: Themes don’t generally create security issues. But it’s anyway good to check some user reviews and comments—and while doing that, check if people have had security problems with the theme. Read how to select the best WordPress themes for your website.
How To Start A Blog And Customize Your WordPress Themes
Once you’re in the WordPress dashboard, you can start customizing your blog. We’ll go through everything you need to do to get your blog ready and your first post published today. Read why custom themes are best than free themes.
You should get familiar with the look and items of the WordPress admin menu. Here are the various admin menu items:
- Dashboard – This is the page you see right after logging in.
- Posts – Here you can write and publish new blog posts and view and edit old ones. We’ll go through this once we’ve set up the blog otherwise.
- Media – This is your media library with all the images, PDFs, videos, etc. you’ve uploaded.
- Links – Many blogs don’t use this at all. You can skip it for now.
- Pages – Here you can write and publish new pages and view and edit old ones. We’ll look at this after choosing your blog design.
- Comments – Everything related to comments. You can get familiar with this when you’ve published your first post and readers leave the first comments.
- Appearance – Here you can change what your blog looks like. We’ll go through this in detail below.
- Plugins – Here you can add and remove plugins, which add functionality to your blog. We’ll go through this after selecting the theme.
- Users – If you create your content with others, you can add them as users here, so they can edit posts. Otherwise, you can skip this for now.
- Tools – Here are some additional tools you can use for publishing posts. You can skip this for now.
- Settings – Here you can edit your blog’s settings. We’ll look at the essential settings later. Read more how to customize a WordPress theme according to your need.
How To Start A Blog And Add & Write Posts and Pages
By now you should have a fully working WordPress blog on your very own domain name. You should also have a custom blog theme that fits with your blog’s topic.
Congrats again – you’ve done a LOT and I’m proud that you’ve managed to get so far.
In the LAST step, I’ll show you how to write your first blog post and share some tips for writing blog posts.
In this section, I’ll show you…
- How to start a blog and write a post in WordPress
- How to add images, links and format text
- Some quick tips and tricks for writing great content
Adding a New Post
To add a new blog post, click the “Posts” section on the left-hand side menu, then click on “Add New”.
Adding Headers & Editing Text
It’s a good idea to use headers and bolding to make your content easier to read and scan. Read about 5 best free WordPress plugins which help you to grow more and reduce your work.
To add a heading, click on the drop-down menu on the bottom left of the toolbar.
You can add the title to your blog post in the top field, and your content goes in the big text box below the title.
It can save your draft or publish your content live by using the box menu on the far right of the page. You can even schedule the post to be published later – or make the post private so only friends can see it.
Once published, your new post can be found in the “All Posts” section of the “Posts” tab, so you can edit it anytime.
Let’s take a quick look at some things you can do to spruce up your post:
To add an image to your post, click the “Add Media” button right above the lower content field.
Next, click the “Upload Files” tab on the screen that pops up, then click “Select Files”.
Once you’ve found the file, double-click it and WordPress will upload it automatically. Read 5 important Topic before start a blog.
When the upload is finished, make sure the image you want is selected, then click the “Insert into post” button to add the image to the post you’re writing.
Adding a Link
Linking out to other websites is a great way to build relationships and share interesting content.
To add a link, click on the icon in the toolbar that looks a bit like a chain link.
On the pop-up, you’ll need to enter a few important bits of information.
- URL is the web address of the link you want to share. Make sure you include “HTTP://” before the “www.” address or your link will be broken. Read how to make money online without a website.
- “Link Text” is the text you want people to click on to get to your link. It might be “Click here”, or anything you choose.
- “Open link in a new window/tab”– it’s a smart idea to check this box. Otherwise, when someone clicks your link, they’ll leave your blog.
- If you want to link to an existing page, you can use the “Search” section to find a post or page you’ve already created and clicked it to add a link.
Finally, click “Add Link”, and your link will be added where you left your cursor in the post you were writing.
In this post discuss how to start a blog with WordPress according to my knowledge. You can also use another blogging platforms to create a blog. But I think WordPress is best for beginners who have not any knowledge about coding. So, if you think that this article is helpful for you and your friend also. Then you can share it on social media. Share your knowledge by giving a comment in the comment box. Thanks.